Golf Cart Initial Inspection Request
This inspection need be requested ONLY if you do not currently have a title for your golf cart. The complete steps are listed below:
1. Go to the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV) for vehicle registration. You will need the following:
- A completed vehicle application form (DPSMV 1799)
- In lieu of a title, an affidavit of physical inspection shall be acceptable for titling/registration of used golf carts. The physical inspection must be performed by a full-time Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certified law enforcement officer who has been certified by the Department of Public Safety and Corrections, Office of State Police, to inspect motor vehicles. To schedule an Initial Inspection, visit https://proto.stjohnsheriff.org/general.php?id=2463
- Itemized invoice from dealer to purchaser to original notarized bill of sale to invoice from the owner.
- Security agreement, if applicable.
- Applicable fees (title, handling, mortgage recordation)
- Applicable sales/use tax
- Upon submission of this form, a St. John Parish Sheriff’s Office deputy will contact you to set a time and place for an initial inspection. This constitutes the affidavit of physical inspection.